Saturday, September 26, 2009

Food and kids... any questions?

Hey everyone! Hope life is joyous and wonderful. Nick sent me this article and I find it to be spot on from my professional MFT perspective when dealing with food and little ones. It also points out a key symbolic or unconscious communication to children from parents, regarding trust. Allowing children to regulate their own food intake is a part of a more global communication or message we give to kids about our ability to trust them and their own judgements for themselves. It is interesting for me to consider what other relational issues or internal issues or problems kids may be having with parents who dictate or fight with their kids around food. Regardless of further implication, the article is excellent and I highly recommended applying the principles found in the article.


3 comments:

  1. I love it when I get a good pat on the back for doing something right that I hadn't even thought about. Yeah for me! The only thing I need to better is cutting out in front of the TV. Everything else I have mastered. thanks for the share. I am going to e-mail this link to a few of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good stuff. I have a picky eater and this was very helpful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. missing reading your monthly marriage posts. Hope you guys are all doing well and thanks for the picky eater tips.

    ReplyDelete