Thursday, May 13, 2010

Travelling

SO, I've not been up on blogging recently, but I'm ready to repent....MAYBE!!

The fact is I'm on the move and will have time so maybe I will write some stuff up as I go as a way to keep myself sane in the absence of my ever fun clan of little ones to run after and play with.

SO, I've not travelled in awhile, well I've not flown in awhile. Maybe over..... a.... hmmm.... well over six years. WILD!

I'm headed to Austin, TX for a workshop to help me prep for the national MFT exam I will be taking next month. I'm sure it will be loads and loads of fun.

So, I've heard about the airport security madness we now have to endure at the airport, but WOW, maybe I didn't. I even read the e-mail I got last night. I thought it a little odd that I have to have all my bath accoutrements separate in a baggy out of my luggage so they can inspect them if need be. But I wasn't prepared for how odd and wonderfully bizarre and ridiculous it was watching a line of humans pass like mindless sheep through metal detectors with their shoes off. I mean.... really this is what it takes to feel safe in America? I hate to think what the future will bring, I thought I read an article about scanners that were so effective that they were controversial because the watching could see below the cloths.... ? Maybe that was just the test phase or maybe people boarding in Knoxville aren't dangerous enough to warrant x-ray security.

I had a thought that I didn't want to take off my shoes. I was going to stand up to the man! BUT then I thought I don't want to miss my conference. I think I might try it on the way home and see what happens... :0)

I also noticed that the threat level is is ORANGE today, not that I have any idea what that means. Should I be worried? Well, just for the record I'm not at ALL! Maybe that means that they are on the prowl for ginger haired peeps like myself?

Well, here is to happy flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment